Saturday, April 27, 2019

Glamis The Wonder Dog Wants the Rain To Go Away. She Feels Cheated By Shorter Walks

"Dad. Dad. Take me for a walk. Dad. Please."

This was the look I got all night as the rain poured down. We did get out for a shorter walk, but the rain pushed us back inside. Glamis the Wonder Dog went into sigh mode immediately - like ultimate depression with huge sighs and whines like I had control of the deluge.

Nope. Mother Nature caused this and I believe it is in pursuit of May flowers.

Yesterday, a day in the office allowed me to see a little more light, and I'm hoping another day, today, may help me to get on top of grants and numbers closing out two grants, and kicking off two others. The University's new accounting system which is supposed to save time on work has actually quadrupled it, but all of us across campus are doing all we can to stay afloat. There are perks to the new program and now that I figured them out, I realize just how I can organize the numbers to move ahead. I just need whiteboards and time to space the accounts out.

I also got a chance to see the first half of Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams put on at Central High School, although I had to leave early (a) because I was exhausted and (b) because the cough was annoying to others. Both made me realize I needed (c) more sleep, which really is my primary goal this weekend, although I'm not good at it.

The rain is subsiding, however, so Glamis will get long weekend walks. I'll make up for lost time. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment