Sunday, April 21, 2019

And With Another CNY Sunset, That's a Wrap on the Short-Lived Holiday Weekend

I am very thankful to my sister, Cynde, for hosting the 2019 Easter holiday event at her house and for opening her house to those who could make it: ham, my mom's horseradish sauce, potatoes, green beans, squash, and rolls. It was delicious and we lucked out with wonderful weather - the rain didn't come as it was predicted, so Dylan and I were able to help lay down more concrete for my father and, well, he was also able to pick up his new car. A lot was accomplished in a short period of time. I even got a run in.

Later in the evening, Chitunga and I were also able to meet Rhiannon out at Hafners while she ate and we could catch up. It's hard to pack everything in over a short period of time, but I did as much as I could.

This morning, I drive back to the hustle of work life and bet back on the summer train as it is all about to take off. I wish I could say I caught up on all grading, but I was not 100% successful. Almost there, but not all the way. I will have time when I get back in the afternoon/evening.

Thanks to the family and the friends for all the love and joy. These trips are always short-lived, but 100% wonderful.

Thank you, Easter Bunny. Bawk Bawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment