Saturday, April 13, 2019

Mt. Pleasant's New Willett Bourbon Lamp to Light Up Crandall's Reading Spaces

I received a belated birthday gift from Patrick, an art piece that has taken him some time to make. It's a Willett Bourbon bottle that he drilled in order to make a lamp. I asked, "Where's the bourbon that was once in the bottle?"

Crickets.

I didn't get that as a gift.

I shouldn't expect such luxury. That's an expensive product, but the bottle, lightbulb and frame are beautiful and I'm very thankful for the unique, hand-made craft. I can't imagine the stress of drilling into the base of the bottle, trying not to shatter it along the way.

I'm impressed.

Happy Saturday Morning, World! I've got a couple of cool events to attend today, plus the angst of getting m work completed for the weekend so I can eventually teach one more class on Wednesday and then head home to Syracuse for Easter.

I spent yesterday in my office trying to get through the paperwork required for the CWP-Fairfield summer work ahead. I do what I can do and may have to join the University's financial officer this weekend to move things along.

We had a night of pouring rain, so that meant a good night's sleep. I'm taking it one day at a time. We'll get through it. We always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment