Sunday, February 24, 2019

It's Because I Cleaned, Isn't It, Glamis? That's Why You Decided to Play Under the Shed with Critters

Had a great run. Also, had a great walk. I was in bed by 9 p.m. on Friday night so I slept solid until 6 a.m. and then was very productive in the morning, so much so that I cleaned the first floor of the house, vacuumed and mopped. Glamis hid in the upstair's bathroom in case any of my cleaning apparatuses would attack her (she came to Mt. Pleasant with these fears, so hides whenever a dust cloth makes itself known).

I moved on with my day, and when I came home from getting groceries, Glamis the Wonder Dog was in her bay window waving her paw at all the traffic driving by. When I came in with the week's groceries, she jumped down leaving a sandpit in her wake.

Dirty Dog.

In the morning, she went extra hard at trying to get after whatever it is that is living under the shed this winter. I didn't see that she basically soaked up all the mud in the process and as she dried in the bay window, she left it for me so I'd question, "Why did I even bother?"

This is the worst time of year to be a pet owner. In the summer, I can simply bathe her and send her out to the backyard to dry off. In the winter, it's a little trickier. Here I was proud of myself for vacuuming up carpets of her dog hairs and putting all of her toys in her toy basket. What did she do to repay me? She sprinkled dirt particles in the very place I just cleaned out all the hair.

It will be this way for the next few months as the yard becomes a mud-field and she decides it is truly pleasurable to roll in it.

Okay, Sunday. Time to think productively for the jam-packed week ahead. I felt good about my semi-spring cleaning and was quickly defeated by the canine-unit. You can't win, but you have to try. It's all we know how to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment