Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Evidence That The Temperature Plummeted. I Ran Looking Like I Was Audrey II In Little Shop of Horrors

When it's Tuesday, and you don't teach, you sit at home and write until your brain goes numb and then you enter the outdoor world to go five miles and you dress like an alligator swallowing Bryan Ripley Crandall. Truth is, I was layered like it was a Syracuse run, but it was my in-between space before walking the dog and then heading out to the University and school until 9 p.m..

In other words, long days require strategic planning to get the daily run in.

I am in a good place this morning ready for my 3-hour turbo and I set up the editing work still necessary during a Thursday writing marathon. My eating habits? Let's not talk about that: gummy worms, Oreo cookies, ham and cheese sandwich, and peanut butter on crackers does not nutrition make.

Ah, but we met with potential 5-year students and we had the 2nd meeting for the 2nd Saugatuck StoryFest gathering for next fall. All in all, it was a day of doing as much as I can in the spaces I have them. Me and my laptop. My laptop and me.

But it was cold. I had a great run, but I had to have running tights underneath sweatpants and a runner's hoodie (thanks, Cynderballz) under several layered shirts and a hoodie. I would get to the gym, but that would have added time in the car to and from, which I cut out simply to hit the streets.

Let's not say anything of email or assignments coming in today. I am accepting them, but they put me in total panic mode.

Ah, but I ran. That's my sanity, my salvation, my panacea and my therapy. I was able to break in my mother's new sneakers, too - well, not hers, but the latest pair that are are on ME (my sneaker collection is a little ridiculous - time to bag them up and donate them) are because of her birthday gift.

I'm loving my facial look yesterday, though. Sort of a frog ulcer meets a Gummy hemorrhoid or a bleeding avocado arrives at cherry-pickle juice. It doesn't matter. I was warm, and that counts most.

Off to a turbo and an agenda I'm not sure I will be able to keep (the only redemption is the PD that was scheduled was postponed to a later date - PHEW!)

Hump Day? Chump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment