Sunday, February 3, 2019

Best Friends Who Have Been Cooped Up Indoors Throughout All This Cold Get A Day to Play

The ritual the last week has been Bryan going to the back door, opening the sliding glass and saying, "Do your business." Glamis the Wonder Dog refuses to go outside, but then runs to her leash as if I'm going to take her for a walk.

It's been too cold.

I've had to find recreation indoors with wrestling, sock tosses, tennis ball games, and chase. There's only so much one can do to entertain a dog when it's too cold outdoors.

I should say, too, that I'm still sneezing and coughing as whatever that virus was is slow in leaving. Yesterday, however, the temperature got almost to 30 so I was able to run (in preparation for today's Run for Refugees 5K and even walked Glamis).

But then Jake called and wanted to play, so we stopped at Walnut Beach to go for another walk, where a pack of golden labradors without collars and leashes found us, pulling me down a hill until I lost control, fell down the hill, and let the dog-play commence. They were great for one another, before an elderly lady arrived saying she had no idea how her dogs go out. She was able to get one to run into her gated back porch, where Glamis followed. One down, and just Jake to go. Eventually, he followed the other three and I got back in control.

All that play resulted in a dog-cushioned fire pit snuggle where they slept for an hour, cuddled as the best friends they are. I was lucky, too, as I got a shaved steak sandwich out of the deal as well as potato soup.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone. After I run, I need to get my focus on as it is a frantic week ahead. I'm just hoping one of these days my nose and chest will finally clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment