Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Laptop Chronicle: Memories of What I See On A Daily Basis (This Crandall Guy, People. Please. Phew!)

I thought I lost my glasses, but they turned out to be on the top of my head. This is the reality of late 40s, because I can't see the computer screen unless I have my prescription lenses on. I used to tape the camera on my laptop, but taking it on and off again resulted in the fact that I simply decided, "If they are going to record and destroy my identity, such is the life. Individuals rarely matter as much as the ideas that fluctuate and meander through our bodies. We are water. The brain is simply to move ideas from one location to another."

This was exactly what my computer screen saw yesterday from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. as I graded, applied, created, reflected, rearranged, composed, answered and questioned. I did take breaks to walk the dog, run, mow the lawn and shop, but otherwise this noggin was full-force in the laptop world. I can only imagine the things my laptop would say if it could deconstruct and analyze what it witnesses on a daily basis.

I have no idea why we are given Columbus Day off, but I will take any holiday that is given to me so that I can catch up, work, and use the free time allotted. I was happy to see that local schools were in session (even though the University had it off), as I've never quite understood the holiday (this might because of my undergraduate education and, well, the realities that have been well documented). With that said, I'm still thankful for space to get work done.

We're full-speed ahead this week with a conference and the 2nd part to the Weir Farm National Historic Site collaboration. There's a lot of awesome occurring and I needed Monday (yesterday) to get on top of some of it. My elderly neighbor asked if I had the day off (I brought her banana bread I made from spotted bananas) and I told her, "In the academic universe, there is never a true day off."

That is true. I did, however, download two new books to listen to in The Hulk. Looks like I will be driving a little more until they are completed.

I should also say that running from zombies causes the use of sprinting muscles that haven't been used in a very, very long time. My thighs are extremely sore. It's a good feeling, and I'm glad they didn't catch me, but I much prefer the slow pace this fat body has grown accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment