Monday, October 7, 2019

Okay, Monday. Yesterday I Had One of Those Sundays, So Be Good To Me. I Need to Ease My Way Back To Work

Because this summer, I needed to be out of my office, much of my office was stored at home. Most of it didn't make it out of the garage, but I did have books everywhere inside. When Cynde came down from the shower this morning, I was channeling her spatial energy and started moving things in anticipation she'd help (which she did).

She helped by saying, "You have inherited mom and Grannie Annie's pack-rat tendencies."

Gasp. She's right. I don't like to get rid of things and ever counter has knick-knacks on them. So, I started rearranging and getting rid of items I no longer needed. Cynde and Nikki left at 11, but I kept purging until about 4, when I decided Glamis needed a long walk and I should weed-whack the yard and clean the grill from summer use.

This got me to about 7 p.m. when I decided I really, really needed to grade so I did that until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

I'm not good about chiseling time to take care of the house, but I can say that books are on shelves, organized and even packed for Pequot's book festival and for my office (because I need some there).

And Glamis is zonked out. The weekend of having 24/7 attention wore her out. It was great that she had other licking posts than just me and I'm sure both Nikki and Cynde are curing the dog hair on their clothing (yes, they have dogs, but Glamis's shedding is extra special).

I've got a morning to accomplish many tasks, and afternoon of meetings, and then a gathering with an ol' friend (if I can make it happen).

I have to admit, though, that it is hard to depart with items, because I'm the type that attaches meaning to everything. I know exactly where everything came from and why I have it. I'm that way with running shoes, too, which is my next big task. There's no reason to have 25 pairs of sneakers that I know longer wear, no matter how many memories they've brought me for 5Ks, races, and times in my life. They will soon be departing, too.

My house needn't be a museum of Crandall's crazy (which is exactly what it is and will likely continue to be).

Happy work-week everyone,

No comments:

Post a Comment