Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I Just Couldn't Get My Brain Moving Yesterday, Until I Found A Bigelow Truck Parked on Campus

I said all morning yesterday that I needed another cup of coffee. I couldn't get the ol' noggin working after the wonderful, but exhausting weekend with the Saugatuck StoryFest '19.

It wasn't until my colleague, Dr. Tracey Robert, stopped by my office to say, "The Bigelow Mobile Tea Bar is outside. Would you like to join me for tea?"

Not only did I join her for tea, but I also got a Tea-Shirt, which I will wear with tremendous pride. Who doesn't love Bigelow Tea while reading books, writing about books, and working with those who write books? It was a win/win/win that put more pep in my step and pride in my stride. I had ginger and lemon, then returned to my office to do a mailing, to plan a class, and to work on a presentation for a conference in Philly later this month.

Alas, if only that cup was true to scale. Actually, the tea I drank which did wonders for my throat and head, was decaffeinated, so my need for an energy pick-up didn't quite occur.

It occurred to me, however, that it would have been wonderful to have the Bigelow Mobile Tea Bar with us for last Saturday's events at The Westport Library. As far as food trucks (well, Tea Trucks) go, this is by far my favorite. Count me as a new-found fan who will be looking for this vehicle in more locations of southern Connecticut. Their crew was wonderfully happy, loved pouring hot water for Fairfield University faculty, students and staff, and seemed to enjoy every second they had working on our campus.

I now #TeaProudly and will continue to #TeaProudly from this point on.

I've found my afternoon vice!

No comments:

Post a Comment