Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Happy Tuesday! My New Favorite Treat: McCain Smiley-Face Potatoes. Comfort Food For a Monday.

I was introduced to these beauties a few weekends ago and now I'm an addict. The goal is to get them good and tanned so they are crispy on the outside, and mushy-good on the inside. They are a fantastic addition to the potato-eating family.

And they are smiling at you as you eat them.

This was a Monday night treat to go with another evening of grilling out, after replacing vents on the outside ducts that blew away with the winds of Sunday's rain storm. Yes, I had to climb up on a ladder and replace those plastic boogers that broke away with the winds over the last few weeks.

I'm feeling domestic and accomplished.

We are at Tuesday and I have to do a round in public schools to support the teachers from this summer's invitational leadership institute and then I need to attend to the graduate courses needing to be taught. I'm also focused on the conferences coming this way and the applications needing to be completed in the weeks to come.

A good run and a fantastic walk with Glamis the Wonder Dog had my appetite up, so the smiling faces were the perfect solution. Okay, Tuesday, we got this. I don't think I'll have time to grill or bake like the last couple of days, but I will have the memory of the potato-noggins that offered me their grin on Monday's meal. So, so good.

Huge props to McCain's taters. Reminds me of the meals I had in Belgium when I was a 19-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment