Thursday, October 24, 2019

It's the 24th of October and That Means It's K.Dot C. Dot Day...Other Wise Known as the Lil' Sis's B-Day

Happy Birthday, Casey (KC).

I will be 50 before you, so you can relax. Cynde gets there before both of us. Last night in class, a teacher prompted us to write a letter to our future self or past self, and I went with historical me, only because I came across so many photos and videos on an external hard-drive I haven't opened since moving to Connecticut. I naturally began sharing them, but know I saved the others for today (they are in a file that can't be read on Blogger so will send via the phone).

This, of course, led to yesteryear - videos of the all the times I watched the boys and all the holidays of the past and the movies I shot and edited. How easy it is to forget about those, but seeing them sparks all types of precious memories, but also triggers the hauntingly fast age creeps upon all of us, including the little ones who are far from little any more.

KC's Birthday - 2008
KC's Birthday - 2009
KC's Birthday - 2010
KC's Birthday - 2011
KC's Birthday - 2012 (No Blog Post)(???)
KC's Birthday - 2013 (Made up for missing 2012)
KC's Birthday - 2014 (Couldn't beat 2013)
KC's Birthday - 2015
KC's Birthday - 2016
KC's Birthday - 2017
KC's Birthday - 2018

And then there is this year, but I will be sending videos via phone that wouldn't make it here. Instead, I will post a photo of me in Rebecca Marsick's scarf. She left it and wondered if it was returned to the GSEAP office. Long story short, Graduate students found it and delivered it to me. I HAVE YOUR SCARF, REBECCA! It's not my color, but it is safe and sound in my office, where I am heading early this morning with bags under my eyes (Wednesdays are such a late night).

Here's hoping the birthday cake is extra delicious and that the gifts and cards arrive on time. Meanwhile, let the memories continue and may you have time to reflect on changes in your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment