Monday, October 28, 2019

Hot Diggity Dog. It's Already Monday Again. But At Least Today It Won't Rain Like Yesterday.

I wasn't prepared for yesterday. I knew it was supposed to rain, but I didn't know it was going to be a deluge of water for 12 hours, from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. - I knew the weather turned when the open window in my bedroom began to shake and all the house rattled. The optimist in me said, "Yeah. This will be good for my new blueberry plants; they say October rain is good for summer harvest."

It rained. And rained. And rained. There were no cars on the street because it was too miserable to be outdoors. Groceries could wait, which I realized at 5:30, after a Star Wars marathon and grading, when I went to Big Y and people were beginning to venture out. I also took my Kohl's cash and picked up birthday gifts for the twins (a little late, I know) and then came home and walked Glamis on her usual 3.2 mile trek in the dark.

The laundry was put away and I did my best to stay away from work responsibilities simply to take care of Mt. Pleasant ones (which is hard for me to do).

I wanted to grill out, but ended up frying hotdogs on the stove and eating reheated vegetables from Friday night's gathering with Kris, Dave, Ish, William and Jessica. Just like that, the weekend disappears.

The next couple of weeks is 100% conference-preparation time as it is back to back Writing Our Lives, NCTE and LRA. It will be great to unite with friends of CWP-Fairfield and I'm proud of the team doing the work with me this year.

Last week wiped me out with sabbatical applications and grants, so I needed this weekend to be a little less cerebral (and you know you're a dork when you get excited about grading - I'm now caught up).

So here's to another work week. We got this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment