Saturday, October 26, 2019

So, It Is Saturday and, Well, I Don't Know Where To Begin With This Weekend. Why? The Bags Under My Eyes

She has no right to complain. She was walked, she was entertained, she had friends over and extra food, and she had much attention. Still, she's a dog, and it's never enough.

I spent yesterday in my office  - the ghost town it was - where I was able to submit a grant, prepare for 5 presentations at NCTE and organize for classes next week.

I took the evening to have friends over and to host, perhaps, the last barbecue of the summer (strategically organizing with fellow presenters for the NCTE conference and catching up with friends). The food was great.

It also gave me a Friday need to clean and I did just that - before the company came - and I'm thankful that I did.

Now it is Saturday and the lawn needs to be mowed (last time for the season), the laundry needs to be folded, and I also have to think about LRA.

I have leftovers in the fridge, however, and that is a very good Saturday indeed. Here's to Saturday and Sunday (and light blog posts because I'm too tired to tape anything more significant than a few lines.

I do have Glamis's ears, though. She is always 100% seeking attention. I have to love her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment