Saturday, October 5, 2019

My Little Red-Tail Hawk Friend, Calling It An End To the Work-Week. I Hear You, Buddy. Time To Chill!

At the end of the day of many meetings, I was leaving the campus library (gorgeous new innovation labs) when I saw a lump in the grass which I thought was a groundhog. When my colleague, Dr. Betsy Bowen, and I got closer, however, we realized it was a hawk. She asked, "Do you think he is alright?"

He allowed us to get very close. Soon, he looked at us with selfishness and I said, "I think he is holding something in his talon."

He was. It was a field mouse, and he was basically suffocating it under his claws. He didn't want us to steal it from him.

Betsy said, "Phew. I'm so glad he's alright," and I responded, "But what about the pour mouse."

Nature doing its ritual.

I'm very glad to see the weekend come toward us and I suppose his lil' mouse was like a Friday afternoon happy hour for him.

Cynde and Nikki took an alternative route to CT (not sure what mapping system they used), so I went to the Pumpkins on the Pier in Milford. They wouldn't allow the dogs, so we simply sat back and did some people watching. Such a wonderful event for a crisp, autumn weekend.

It will be so nice to have company this weekend and I look forward to what we might find to do. I'm also hoping we all might sleep in until at least 8 a.m. - we shall see. Wishing for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment