Monday, March 11, 2019

The Fastest 24 Hours Spent in CT...Home Briefly, But Spent Productively (and with Love).

Waking up at 1 pm, means breakfast comes at around 2 pm, and I believe my kitchen was in shock, "Wait, you're cooking breakfast?"

I never cook breakfast. I pour milk into a bowl or put a bagel in the toaster oven. Ah, but I was pretty sure these boys would need greasy food, eggs, and toast to soak up all the undertook until the wee hours of Daylight Savings Time. I had to laugh, too, because all 3 came to the kitchen table with their laptops and immediately began doing school work. I actually had to tell them to put the technology away so we could eat.

Then they left. Chitunga took him for a tour of Fairfield University, Bridgeport, New Haven and Yale, the beaches and then to meet Pam and Jake. I, on the other hand, used the guilt of sleeping in until 11 a.m. to kick my ass in gear to plan, grade, write and get on top of the week ahead.
I also looked over at the dining room and realized it makes a great extra bedroom when we turn it into one. I need one of those Giant Bean Bag chairs that my cousin Mark has in Amagansett. It would be a good alternative for that space when not using it as a dining room.

I got a long run in, and then they returned around 7 (love that it will stay lighter later). They brought pizza and some of Tunga's home friends stopped by to eat and hang out, including Gino, his funeral parlor friend, who came today as if he was auditioning for The Godfather. Love that kid.

At 2 in the morning last night, they left for the airport on their trip to San Juan. I was impressed that they actually were
lights out at 10 pm trying to get 4 hours of sleep before they took off (and of course I woke up as they departed - making it two pretty sloppy sleeps over the last couple of days).

I know Glamis is exhausted, too. She never got a second to sleep and even had double the amount of walks.

Okay, it's Monday. There's much to be done in the next 12 hours / 24 hours / 36 hours / 48 hours / week / and month. I will take it one moment at a time. It is always joyous and warm to have a full house - the whole rhythm seems to be in better play. The walls, beds and floors miss all the chaos when everyone is away.

So, here we go week. We got this. But first I really need a cup of coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment