Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Going Into Wednesday Wishing I Had the Life Of Glamis The Wonder Dog and Simply Could Find Some Rest

If you blow up this photo to the right, you will see a dog completely in her Zen, at rest, and 100% in bliss. What you can't pick up from the picture is the wonderful, Big Bird-esque sounds she makes while sleeping and dreaming of whatever it is she has on her mind. The front left paw says it all - she is chill, and her chin (Mitch McConnell) chin is graciously rested on the pillow.

She should not be on the furniture. She knows this. I can't fight her. I am in my laptop chair simply trying to keep up with the pace of a semester. I find ease, grace, and calm looking over at her and seeing her paws prance in whatever dreamland that she is in. She's at ease and that is what I desire, too - a time that will come someday, but definitely not in March of 2019.

There's a mountain to climb, then a mountain to climb, then another. We'll get to April and May. But first there is March.

And speaking of, today is Papi Butch's Birthday (I'm hoping my card and gifts arrive in time). March 6 is his day, the Butch behind the Son of a Butch.

In the Lord of the Ring trilogy, Frodo looks for the seagulls to give him meaning - the seas call. For me, it is the St. Lawrence River and Oneida Lake. My greatest moments of calm and bliss have been those with a fishing pole in my hand, on a boat, simply bullshitting at the sunrise with my father floating on water somewhere. It is total serenity. The breakfast, the pick-up of worms, the hoping the boat starts, and then the eventual reeling in of a pike or Pickerill or bass.

Total Joy.

So, Papi Butch, I know you know the same naps as Glamis the Wonder Dog. I wish you one or more of these on your Birthday. I'm looking forward to one, myself, in 2039 when I hope to finally retire. Oi Vay!

No comments:

Post a Comment