Saturday, March 16, 2019

I Am Home. I Am Safe. I Had a Good Time, but I Am Definitely Thinking About the Wonderful Sleep of a Hotel Bed

I will miss my hotel bed where I was able to sleep, without distraction, for the last two nights. Thank you, Atlanta Marriott Marquis, for the comfortable mattress, plush pillows, dark rooms, and non-domestic distractions.

I am thankful that I gave myself plenty of time to get through the security check at Atlanta International Airport - it was quite the long, timely process, and I'm glad I arrived 3 hours early (for others at TESOL, I hope you know that security is not a fast experience). Be prepared.

The drive back from Bradley, too, was a trek of 35 m.p.h. highway driving (when we were lucky) The roads were packed with Friday automobiles! I'm just thankful I made it home to Mt. Pleasant.

I have Glamis, too, who is always neurotic when I leave - I'm sure she will be thankful to be in her own house again. I wish I could have my hotel bed with me on Mt. Pleasant for a good night's rest.  I came home to pouring rain, and I am thinking it might continue into Saturday. It's all good, because I need a good few days to catch up from the time I spent away. Now I am simply hoping for Chitunga to have save travels from his Sprint Break, as well.

Happy Saturday. This is a short post, but I knew I needed to regroup my life in Connecticut.  I'm optimistic for the days ahead. I'm not sure I'm ready, however, to catch up on the news that has been. The drama will, I'm sure, return. Indeed. Never a dull moment in global history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment