Tuesday, March 26, 2019

I Can Hope, No? Yeah! Optimism! Oh, That's Right? It's All Pretty Crappy! I'm Not Poop. No, I'm Not!

Funny that the first jpeg found when searching for optimism was a pool reference. There. It's out in the open. Crap. Yep. The dog. Me. Those with children. Poop. That's what it comes down to.

I came home last night after teaching my Graduate course on research, realizing I got ZERO rest while on spring break and needing a vacation. I did rest during the weekend, by not going out and refusing to spread my germs to others; instead, I caught up on grading, planning, reading, and wishing I was ice-cream.

I felt good entering the final weeks of the semester. Then yesterday hit. Crap. They're back, it's back, and it doesn't end.

Still, I'm trying to be optimistic. I did as much as I could last night to get ready for the rest of the week. I also looked at the calendar and all the commitments, distressed the it will be impossible to meet all those meetings, timelines, and agendas. I looked to my courses that need to be taught and thought, "I can only do what I can do."

Then I blew my nose, coughed, and realized, I continue to be sick. There's no time for that, but it is the truth. I need to get through what I need to get through despite the fact that I feel like crap.

Oh, how I wish I was ice-cream. Right now, however, I'm total poop, but holding onto my optimism that I can fool people. Does the calendar really say that I have a 12-hour day today and tomorrow? That can't be, because I'm totally not prepared.

Yay! Optimism. It's all we can have at this point in the year. This, too, shall pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment