Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sacrificed Hot Wings & Guinness for a Hot Toddy At Home (Bryan Style)

I had an ambitious plan for Saturday with a trip to the office, writing, proposing, and workshopping. I went for a 5 mile run and felt fine, and even hiked with the dog. Then the drippage arrived followed by the brain-drudge. I gave in to a day under blankets, behind my computer screen, and eventually hot toddies (had to look them up online and then improvise with what I had: honey, cranberry juice, bourbon and water).

Meanwhile, I was invited to the Irish Club for music and beers, then to a neighbors for hot chicken wings and company. I wanted to muster up the energy but couldn't. Instead, I stayed in with miserable hot flashes, sweating and coughing (better now then when the semester kicks in - I expected this gook to come at the end of the last semester and with the holidays - somehow I made it through).

So, it was basketball, updating the CWP website (as much as I could) and thinking about what I hope to accomplish today). I've never been a good patient, even to myself, and I hate when I get down for the count. In the end, I gave in to the toddies and Thera-Flu. This too will pass. It always does. I will forever curse the way sinuses drip into the throat and chest. It's such a gross, biological phenomenon, and it should be outlawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment