Sunday, January 27, 2019

A New Level of Domesticity. Putting Mimi Sue's Casserole Leg Warmers To Good Use. Crock Pot Lingerie.

I don't think I've ever entered a potluck with as much pomp and circumstance. I spent the day making pulled chicken in my crockpot and then I remembered that my mom bought be a crockpot carrier for social gatherings, so I fancied myself up and packed the poultry in a heat-insulated fancy bag. When I came into the Sealy-Wooley household, they were like, "Are you traveling? Look at you Mr. fancy pants with your gourmet dinner purse."

Yes, and I used the second bag to carry the rolls and bottle of Bullet's for Dave, Sr. Thought it was his birthday, but it turned out hit was Dave, Jr's, so the bourbon didn't quite make it to the intended.

The cough is still here (turns out Alice and Charlie have it in Indiana, too). and the virus is relentless no matter what state it hits.

I did get a run in, however, and was fine until I got home and then the snot factory kicked into gear and I thought I would gag.

Even so, the brain is still working so I was able to work on syllabi and prepare a conference presentation.

But look at that bag. I should be on Home Shopping Network. I'm beyond GQ and metrosexual with my talent now for bringing dinner in a Gucci bag. High-falootin', I tell you.

Okay, Sunday. I have high hopes for you (and left overs still marinating in the Martha Stewart carry-on).

Great gift that will get much use in this Crandall household. Very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment