Monday, June 17, 2019

Welcoming a New Work Week With An Entirely New State of Writing Project Teachers. I Can't Wait!

I woke up on Sunday to a a bottle of Basil Hayden, a collaborative gift between my host, Dr Susan James and my kid,. Chitunga, who organized my state in Pensacola and worked to make the day great: omelettes. rib-eye steaks, and bourbon...I just wish he was here with me.

On the FaceTime call, he couldn't keep his surprise, either, that he bought a new t.v. stand and rearranged the downstairs to accommodate the 50 inch screen. I don't even know how to operate the new entertainment system. I love this kid. He simply makes me a better human being.

We are up and out of the house by 5:30 a.m. this morning for two-days of National Writing Project work. I got my down time this weekend (even in the heat) and now it is time to deliver what I came here to do. I'm looking forward to a day of writing perspectives, Jacqueline Woodson's Harbor Me, Ubuntu Academy, and celebrating the success of CWP-Fairfield. I'm not so sure about the wake up time. I'm not sure Susan realizes how miserable I am in the morning. I've been allowed to sleep in until 7:30 all weekend. We shall see how this goes.

As long as I have coffee.

It was a great Father's Day and I'm a new fan and advocate of the Gulf Coast. It's beautiful down here, and although hot, it's definitely a place to visit in the United States.

Of course, it helps to have spectacular hosts, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment