Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Portrait of an Artist as a Bird-Shit Stained Young Woman. Hello Walnut Beach, Very Pleased to Meet You

Tunga's only home for a brief bit before he heads to Boston for more training, so out schedule has been tight, so doing an evening stroll with Jake, Noel, Pam and Kaitlyn was part of the plan (somehow we missed the dinner plan, as he and I ate at home and then drove over where they were waiting for us to feed them....it's all good. I brought what we didn't finish). He's busy unpacking from school, repacking for Boston, rearranging his room, getting his hair cut and finishing a graduate course.

The plan? Go for a walk, then stop by Burlington to pick him up a couple more suits (yesterday was Father and Son's Day, the day of his adoption). In honor of the celebration and his graduation, we got him suited up.

But the walk.

We were at the halfway point when we heard Kaitlyn scream and freeze in the middle of the street. She had Noelle and my first instinct was one of them wet or stained themselves. Kaitlyn wouldn't talk and began flapping her wings like a crow, and that's when she screamed to the universe, "I've been shit on by birds!" They got her 3 places up front, two places below, and across her jeans. We didn't mean to laugh but it was one of the more eventful Milford walks.

Kaitlyn walked like the Bride of Frankenstein, too, not quite able to move her torso as she was disgusted by the aviary guano that perfumed her robin-egg blue pullover. I told her, "We'll show them! Let's find a bird's next and do our business there as revenge."

It was horrifying for her, but I loaned her $2 and made her walk into a convenient store to buy a lottery ticket. Luck has to be with her. She didn't want to go in, but it was a must.

Meanwhile, Tunga got a slick suit (without his Dad's knack for clearance items) and additional slacks and jeans. I have to say, however, that I"m in shock at the chaos of his bedroom and that he was/is okay with the disarray. I wouldn't think he'd be able to sleep until he solidified the arrangement.

Okay, we're off this morning to the University to prepare items he will need in Boston and then to the train station. I'm then booked in schools.

Shhhhhhh......It Happens! Still as good as 2000, when birds crapped on my tuxedo before my first graduation speech. Audience says Shhhhhhh and I say in the Mic, "It happens."

Because it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment