Saturday, June 15, 2019

Shhh. Don't Tell Anyone, But This Summer Institute Collaboration Is Really Taxing

And on the 2nd day, he finished a book. Actually, I got up, we collaborated on plans for next week and the future, then went out for breakfast, which turned out to be lunch. Afterwards, we picked up groceries then headed to the beach for relaxation, in which Susan slept and I read a great book that I've been trying to complete for months.

In other words, shhhh. I relaxed. I got sun, I didn't stress about everything needing to be done, and I escaped the craziness of the Fairfield pace. Tomorrow, we'll have to get to the nitty gritty of what's going to happen Monday and Tuesday, but I'm not rushing that pace just yet; instead, I'm enjoying a new part of the country that I haven't seen before and feeling very fortunate that the humidity is low and the sun is hot. It is the Florida sun, but it isn't the liquid soup that can ruin a vacation. Nope, it's a bit of nirvana. White sand. Blue/green ocean. And  no emails. Well, I'm not checking the email and I should.

In other words, I'm actually learning what others do naturally and I should do more of...unwinding. refocusing. rethinking. enjoying space to relax a little.

I'm hoping too to have another night of 8-hour sleep, because the 4 hour nights have been a little taxing. The goal is to recondition myself for a less taxing lifestyle (it's unlikely to continue but I'm going to try).

In the meantime...vitamin D. That's the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment