Thursday, June 27, 2019

Two Attempts At Wisdom Nuggets, But Then I Have To Get to Bed. It's Thursday, and I'm Already Exhausted

Phew. After a day of teaching, I began loading my cart for next week when I welcome 21 special educators for this summer's 2019 Invitational Leader Institute. When I opened a journal from 2002, the page opened up and I had a flashback of teaching from 1999-2001, and then the multiple memories of losing Ronda after she graduated with her four-year college degree. She was a member of the Class of 1999 and one of those superpowers that could not be described in words. When I student taught she was a member of the class I worked with and always remained loyal to my instruction. I loved her, and soon after graduating from college, she was in a car accident that took her life.

For several years, I gave an award in memory of her name and also Vera Crandall - for individuals who dedicated themselves to the success of all and who worked from behind the scenes. That was was Ronda. She was a spectacular human being whose life was taken much too soon (and I look like a Bee-Gee's reject)

I cam home thinking about this journal I found and the post from my colleague, Beth, who wrote about when it is too old to accept McDonald's toys. Um, I still collect cereal toys so had to take a picture. These two Spiderman figures grace my refrigerator.

What is more annoying about today (as a result from last night) is that Big Brother started again and Amazing Race is in full swing. Somehow I got booked to both, even though I don't have time for either one. I am, however, thinking about how cool it would be for Chitunga and I to represent CT in one of the shows. They would wipe me out as a mid-life person, but it could be cool for the story effects.

Big Brother demands too much for me to watch - 3 nights a week. Still, it is a gaming, strategic and clever reality show that hooks me every year with it s foolishness. I wish I understood what its appeal actually was.

And so, I kind of lost my Wednesday night with American allure, so I will regret this morning with everything I need to accomplish. I will, however, have my Raisin Bran which brought me the cartoon figures, so I guess I should be thankful.

And just like that, the summer moths are almost here. Phew. I was just 26 years-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment