Wednesday, June 12, 2019

It Takes Two To Make Things Go Right. It Takes Two To Make It Out of Sight. (Well, One, But Two Attempts)

The grilling season will only continue, and this usually means that I operate between the stove and the grill on the back patio (last night Chitunga and I did have cheeseburgers, grilled mushrooms, potatoes, and peppers). This also means the back sliding-glass door is open. While Tunga took Glamis for a walk, I noticed that a moth flew in. I got a glass and coaxed him to land on it, but he was resistant when I tried to take him outside. He flew off again and back in the house.

Moron.

I waited until after we ate, after I went to the store, and after I got stuck in traffic because of Bunnell High School's graduation (phew), before I found him again, more placated on the ceiling in the living room. This time, he simply jumped down in the glass and I was able to deliver him back outside, where he landed on the grasses along the fence before fluttering off in fresh-air euphoria.

It's simply my nature to let things go to where they are most free (It's the Maude in me, Harold. The Maude). I save spiders, try to coach flies back outside and only kill the mosquitos (although Mustafa could snap a mean towel at a fly when we needed it).

I won't have Ali here this summer, so I anticipate a lot less flies in the house. We shall see.

All this was a distraction from tonight's orientation and tomorrow's departure. Save a moth and all will be well. Actually, upon close investigation, the antlers were butterfly-fly like more than moth-like. It was out and about during the day, too, so who knows?

Here's hoping we have another phenomenal June day. I simply love sitting by an open window with the cool air blowing in; meanwhile, if I head outside it is warm sun. We're getting spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment