Sunday, June 23, 2019

Celebrating in Southport: An Evening of Dancing, Birthday Celebrations and Enjoying a Beautiful Evening

Last night, we had the pleasure of attending a friend's 60th birthday party at their home in Westport, Connecticut, where a live band forced (well, inspired) many of us, including Chitunga, to put on the dance shoes. I was designated driver so I let things unfold as they did and it was a blast watching so many have a spectacular time (I didn't know the kid had such moves but he definitely burned up the dance floor).

So fortunate to be invited to share such a wonderful event - one highlighted when a retired Broadway star remade several musical classics to honor the birthday man. The talent was out of this world and the Lyrics were hysterical. The talent, mesmerizing.

During the day, I went into efficiency mode, organizing closets, prepping the house for a few purchases and, guess what?, I finally bought an adult mattress which will be here in a week. I have such kinks in my neck and back and at 47, I decided it is time to sleep on a mattress that wasn't a hand-me-down from a KY friend. I remember vividly when Alice and Charlie got a new mattress in their adult life and they said, "If we knew it would make this much of a difference, we would have bought a new one much sooner." I remember thinking at the time, "huh," but now that I'm mid-life, I totally get it. If 50% of our life (or close to it) is lying in bed, then we should invest in a good night's sleep.

The added bonus was my friend Rebecca (red dress, left) was also a guest and so I had fun dancing and chatting with her while Chitunga became the life of the party. Beautiful evening, beautiful home and beautiful celebration. I think we'll all need this Sunday to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment